The SAP Technique OS collector (SAPOSCOL) is a system impartial stand-by itself method that operates in OS background and collects the procedure facts applying a section of the shared memory for many applications and all SAP instances on a host. These details particulars can be viewed by means of transaction code ST06/OS06 in frontend SAPGUI. It is a quite handy software for NetWeaver/Basis Administrators & consultants to monitor server performance. SAPOSCOL extracts serious-time info from method, despite the fact that it does not refreshes automatically, you need to click on the ‘Refresh’ button to get the up to date knowledge. SAPOSCOL collects program facts just about every 10 seconds and records it, and also documents the hourly averages for the previous 24 hours. It operates autonomously from SAP situations just one particular approach per host and collects data from many running method assets. Consumer can check all the servers underneath SAP landscape with this device. But for remote server (livecache server) the transaction code is OS07. You can look at CPU utilization, Bodily & virtual memory use, Pool knowledge/Swap dimensions, disk response time, utilization of bodily disks and file techniques, source load for jogging processes and even LAN knowledge from the checking list.
You can navigate to this instrument from SAP Menu->Tools->CCMS->Control/Checking->Performance->Operating Process->Local->Activity.
If you cannot see any information, that usually means the OS Collector (SAPOSCOL) is not running (mistake code: Shared memory not out there). In this condition your principal job is to fix the saposcol to operate effectively. This typically occurs right after a new SAP installation or Kernel updates. If you are new with the SAP Units the adhering to guideline will be handy to triumph over the saposcol situation.
Initially, Look at the permission of saposcol.exe file, it should be 777 (proprietor is root in group sapsys) and sticky little bit must be set to 4750. If you want to know which person is functioning saposcol, use “ps -ef | grep saposcol”. Now to alter the saposcol file to operator root, team sapsys, mode 4750, log in as root to your unix process and execute the commands as down below,
chown root saposcol
chgrp sapsys saposcol
chmod 4750 saposcol
You can also operate the “saproot.sh” in the exe dir to established the permissions. Then run saposcol -l as the exact operator (root). Examine collector standing utilizing saposcol -s. Right after setting the file permissions, you can also use, ST06 -> Operating System Collector -> Click on ‘Start’ to run SAPOSCOL.
To stop the OS collector use saposcol -k. If this command unsuccessful to get rid of the procedure, you can execute “cleanipc 99 take away” (Examine SAP Notice 548699). If this attempt also fails, then you require to get rid of the shared memory key of saposcol. Execute command “ipcs -ma” and observe down Shared Memory ID in the line that contains saposcol vital. Then execute the command “ipcrm -m ID”. Shared memory important will be designed once again following time when you run saposcol.
From time to time using “saposcol -l” presents a information that it is previously operating, but when you grep the process employing “ps -ef|grep -i saposcol” it may perhaps not present the system. In this circumstance, you can use a undocumented parameter “saposcol -f”, where by “f” stands for starting the method forcefully. When it starts, then quit the procedure in regulation methon utilizing “saposcol -k” and then start it typically working with “saposcol -l”.
If saposcol even now doesn’t operate, then you require to begin it in dialog method. Login with use adm and follow the actions underneath,
Collector > thoroughly clean
Collector > stop
saposcol -k to halt the collector.
Prior to restarting
Collector > go away (You need to get a message- Shared memory deleted)
Collector > give up
mv coll.put coll.set.sav
“coll.put”,if this file incorporates the previous shared memory and must be deleted in order to get a cleanse commence (Check out SAP Be aware 548699, point 7). If you are unsuccessful in clearing shared memory, make sure you test the adhering to commands to crystal clear the shared memory:
$ saposcol -kc
$ saposcol -f
If this also fails, then you need to have to restart the procedure from OS stage and appears like also need a new version of saposcol (Look at SAP Observe 19227).
IBM iSeries i5/OS (OS/400, OS/390):
– Examine permissions of directory ‘/usr/sap/tmp’ and the file ‘saposcol.exe’, it ought to be 4755 and operator ought to be root in sapsys group. Examine SAP Be aware 790639. Immediately after assigning permissions you can run from OS command line employing ‘SAPOSCOL -l’. To demonstrate the position use ‘SAPOSCOL -s’ and to end the system use ‘SAPOSCOL -k’. You can also run the approach by publishing a position in OS level employing
Connect with PGM(SAPOSCOL) PARM(-l)
It submits the occupation in career queue QBATCH in library QGPL.
– In iSeries, you may encounter odd facts when analyzing CPU utilization working with tcode ST06/OS06. Even you are utilizing a number of CPU’s, SAPOSCOL could possibly only report CPU usage for the initially CPU. Also from time to time you will find CPU utilizations described earlier mentioned 100% in some intervals, if you are working SAP instance in an uncapped partition where a number of sensible partitions are employing a shared processor pool. In this scenario, be certain that CPU usage reported for CPU variety is the normal utilization for all CPU’s getting used in the technique. If you want to check out shared CPU partition facts, apply support offers as per SAP Note 994025 including next patch levels
6.40 disp+function deal (DW): 182 SAPOSCOL: 69
7.00 disp+function package (DW): 109 SAPOSCOL: 34
By making use of these patches and assist offers into the system, new transactions, OS06N, ST06N, and OS07N are obtainable to look at supplemental info in two sections titled “Host system” and “Virtual system”. These contain information and facts about the partition type and the offered and eaten CPU in the recent partition as properly as in the shared processor pool. So, if you are a iSeries person and your SAPOSCOL is not jogging, best probability is that you require to place the hottest kernel & saposcol patch. (SAP Observe 708136 & 753917)
– Yet another scenario in iSeries, when your saposcol is not working, and you simply cannot get started it from ST06/OS06. Dilemma may possibly be with the authorization checklist R3ADMAUTL was not accurate. You can remedy it by this way,
1) Get rid of QSECOFR *ALL X
2) Adjust *Community from *USE to *EXCLUDE
3) Add R3Owner *ALL X
Now you can get started saposcol working with the tcode ST06/OS06. And also you can start off the process from command line,
Contact PGM(/SAPOSCOL PARM(‘-l’)
If this does not remedy the challenge test if the two applications QPMLPFRD and QPMWKCOL in library QSYS have *USE- authority assigned for user R3Proprietor (SAP Observe: 175852). If not then you have to operate the following instructions:
GRTOBJAUT OBJ(QSYS/QPMLPFRD) OBJTYPE(*PGM) Consumer(R3Proprietor) AUT(*USE)
GRTOBJAUT OBJ(QSYS/QPMWKCOL) OBJTYPE(*PGM) User(R3Proprietor) AUT(*USE)
Then you really should validate if the user R3Owner is aspect of authority list R3ADMAUTL (SAP Observe: 637174). Just after this if you receive the mistake “SAPOSCOL not functioning? (Shared memory not offered), then follow the ways beneath,
1) Take out the shared memory (coll.place) as for each SAP Notice: 189072. ‘coll.put’ locale is: ‘/usr/sap/tmp’.
2) Stop the employment QPMASERV, QPMACLCT, QYPSPFRCOL and CRTPFRDTA in QSYSWRK if working.
3) Delete the short-term person space, WRKOBJ OBJ(R3400/PERFMISC*) OBJTYPE(*USRSPC)
4) ENDTCPSVR *MGTC
5) Simply call QYPSENDC PARM(‘*PFR ‘ ‘ ‘) [There are 6 blanks after *PFR and there are 6 blanks making up the second parameter]
6) ENDJOB Position(xxxxxx/QSYS/QYPSPFRCOL) Alternative(*IMMED) SPLFILE(*Sure) [This command must be run for all QYPSPFRCOL jobs found on the system even if they show with *OUTQ as their status]
7) ENDJOB Career(xxxxxx/QSYS/CRTPFRDTA) Option(*IMMED) SPLFILE(*Indeed) [This command must be run for all CRTPFRDTA jobs even if they show with *OUTQ as their status]
8) RNMOBJ OBJ(QUSRSYS/QPFRCOLDTA) OBJTYPE(*USRSPC) NEWOBJ(QPFRCOLDTX)
9) RNMOBJ OBJ(QUSRSYS/QPFRCOLDTA) OBJTYPE(*DTAQ) NEWOBJ(QPFRCOLDTX) [This object may or may not exist at this time]
10) Phone QYPSCOLDTA *notice This program will make a new *USRSPC. Right after collection services is started out there need to be a new *DTAQ.
11) Begin selection companies working with GO Execute, decide 2, and opt 1 OR Contact QYPSSTRC PARM(‘*PFR ‘ ‘*STANDARDP’ ‘ ‘) [There are 6 blanks after *PFR and there are 6 blanks making up the second parameter]. Or, Get started collection providers from Operations Navigator.
12) STRTCPSVR *MGTC
13) End and restart Operations Navigator if operating. See IBM licensed software investigation report (APAR) SE12188 for more information and facts.
14) Now commence SAPOSCOL from ST06/OS06.
Home windows Procedure:
– Go to the Kernel folder in command line in which you will find saposcol.exe. Set whole operator permission
for the file & folder. Then operate saposcol -l (saposcol -d in dialog manner)
– You can also consider Begin/Cease SAPOSCOL service from Manage Panel -> Administrative Equipment -> Services (products and services.msc).
If all other makes an attempt fail, then make sure you have the proper model of SAPOSCOL. Get latest SAPOSCOL from SAP Company Marketplace for your OS. Obtain the SAPOSCOL.SAR file for your Kernel and help you save in a directory. Then Quit SAP & SAPOSCOL. Look at for any Kernel library locks and don’t ignore to take library backup. Then run APYR3Take care of and then APYSAP. Test OSS Note 19466.
SAPOSCOL also can be terminated due to little sum of interior memory allocation. When this memory filled progressively all through the runtime of SAPOSCOL, system writes details outside the buffer. As a result the next buffer is cleared and SAPOSCOL terminates with a dump. Utilize the pursuing patches with at the very least the patch ranges specified underneath:
SAP Launch 640: SAPOSCOL patch degree 100 and DW patch stage 293
SAP Release 700: SAPOSCOL patch amount 75 and DW patch level 151
SAP Release 701: SAPOSCOL patch level 18 and ILE patch stage 53
SAP Launch 710: SAPOSCOL patch amount 36 and ILE patch stage 161
SAP Release 711: SAPOSCOL patch amount 12 and ILE patch level 48
So, it is really clear that if we use diverse SAP Systems in just one server with incompatible mixture of Kernel versions, SAPOSCOL will facial area disaster and will not supply facts for all units, however SAP procedure functions will run with out any hassle. This transpires simply because we are employing new IBM know-how with EXT Kernels, so it will not make it possible for SAPOSCOL to reside in one level retail outlet (SLS), somewhat than put it to Teraspace. In this predicament it is evident that if you run an EXT process with some other non-EXT systems, saposcol will run only in one program. To defeat this concern you need to have to improve to EXT Kernel for all SAP devices with latest patches. Then set proper authorization for SAPOSCOL file & directory as guided which will address any challenge associated to SAP OS Collector.